Far from this opera for evermore. Actually just for the weekend, for the Midwest Catholic Family Conference!
My kids have been extra, extra squirrelly the last few days, and I’ve had to make a few new rules, which I can only hope they will abide by while I am gone:
- No spreading peanut butter on balloons.
- No snapping while saying the rosary.
- No sucking on the dog’s tail.
- No more calling Donald Trump.
- No propping ladders against the house to spy on your brothers while they do . . . whatever it is they do in their room.
- No more saying, “Or IS it?!?” every time I say something is something.
- No putting the gerbil in the Cheerios box while you’re cleaning out his cage. At least not until everyone’s done with breakfast.
- No taunting, harassing, or otherwise impeding the progress of people learning how to use nasal spray.
- Seriously, no more calling Donald Trump, you guys.
- No singing Mulan songs in the voice of William Shatner.
These are, of course, rules for my kids, but you might want to consider adopting them for yourself. Also, no opening an email to me with “Attached you will find a copy of Heaven and Hell by Swedenborg (original text in Latin, translated to English)” in lieu of the customary: “Howdy! Attached you will find a copy of Heaven and Hell by Swedenborg (original text in Latin, translated to English).”
Hope to see some of you in Wichita! And I would be so grateful for prayers for easy travel, and for an easy time for my husband back home, who will have all ten kids, and their snapping, and their peanut butter balloons.