Whether you are seeking to protect your emotional well-being, reinforce your confidence, or find some comfort in a stressful world, protection spells can help. Feeling unsafe puts a strain on your emotional state and robs you of energy, but the spells in this book can strengthen your comfort and security and heal your body and mind.
Never underestimate the power of sunlight! This is a quick, easy, and direct spell to use when you’re in a difficult situation. It’s easiest to perform on a sunny day, but even on an overcast day, the sun is up there, just behind the clouds.
What to Do:
1. If you feel anxious, threatened, or unsafe in some way, make your way outside to stand in the fresh air.
2. Lift your face to the sun and close your eyes. Say, “Sun, banish this negative energy. Break its hold upon me.”
3. Feel the warmth of the sun on your face and body. Breathe slowly and deeply, imagining the sunlight owing into your body with every inhalation.
4. Say, “I am free. Thank you, sun.”
5. Return to your situation and carry on with your day. If you ended your involvement and excused yourself, you can move on to another location.
It’s best to do this outside, but in a pinch, you can walk to a window and stand facing it, pulling in the energy of the sunlight through the glass. Do you have to speak the words of a spell aloud? It helps, because talking is a physical act that can help underscore your intent, but if you’re in a situation in which you have to remain silent, then go ahead and speak the words inside your mind. Or you can subvocalize them, moving your lips and your vocal cords without actually producing sound.
Clarity of Thought Spell
If you find yourself muddled and unable to think through a problem, this spell will help encourage clear thinking. It can help cut through the fog and protect your ability to think clearly.
What You Need:
Yellow candle and candleholder
Matches or lighter
What to Do:
1. Center and ground.
2. Hold the candle in your hands and say, “Yellow candle, be the light that clears the fog.” Dab it with the lemon oil and say, “Lemon bright, cut through the darkness.” Place the candle in the holder and light it.
3. Take the citrine and hold it between your hands. Visualize yourself confidently handling a problem, working through a challenging project, being complimented on your productivity. Rub a drop of lemon oil over the citrine, saying, “Yellow stone, lemon bright, be my insight.”
5. Carry the stone with you to benefit from its energy.