Memories can last a life time, especially when they include food. My Holiday and week-end mornings always started with a family breakfast. I remember how quickly Mom prepared this one, often using leftovers from the previous night’s dinner. It was always a favorite! Now, as the Mommy in my family, I’m passing on the tradition.
Veggi Frittata This meal is great for three reasons:
1. It can be eaten anytime of the day and is delicious in the evening.
2. ANY LEFT OVERS can be used in the egg base.
3. It is quick and healthy.
Prep time 5-10 minutes Clean up 2 minutes
INGREDIENTS: 8 oz Egg Beaters Cheese and Chives 15 oz potato diced, fresh or canned, drained 10 oz Sargento reduced fat 4 cheese mix 6 oz mushrooms, canned, drained 8 oz spinach, fresh or canned, drained 15 oz asparagus, fresh or canned, drained
1. Spray metal handled frying pan with non-stick cooking spray and heat broiler.
2. Place all ingredients in pan and cook 1 minute
3. Place pan under broiler (if non-metal handle keep handle out of oven) and allow egg to cook, rise and brown for 4 minutes or until knife comes out clean.
Create delicious memories your children and grandchildren can carry with them the rest of their lives.