- Envision the life that you want. Don’t fear judgment or the what ifs, just envision what you want your life to look like.
- Refocus – Stop focusing on being a single mom, or not having enough (money, love, respect, etc). Put your focus on what you do want.
- Reflect on what went wrong. Sometimes it is easier to see the wrongs and not the rights. Now do the opposite.
- Remember that you are the source of your thinking. You are the source of your behavior. There are no strings attached to you!
- You are the writer of your story. Nobody else is unless you allow it to happen. Take your life pen back and begin writing!
- Rejuvenate and stop beating yourself up. How are you supposed to heal your bruises if you are keeping the battle going? Cuddle on the couch with the softest blanket, and a good book or movie. Splurge and go get a manicure or massage (there are tons of Groupon types of deals that can help with budget this in).
- Reconnect with who you are? Not sure who that is – that is the beginning of reconnecting.
- Decorate your space with inspiration. Put up inspirational posters, pictures, quotes, etc. You can even use Pinterest to help stay focused on your – goals and accomplishments.
- Goal Setting helps keep you on your path. It is a road map to where you want to go, but know that detours can sometimes be the best places, with the best people. “Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal.” – Henry Ford
- Live with passion and take action. “Take time to deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking and go in.” – Napoleon Bonaparte
- Don’t try to find happiness.
- Love yourself. Don’t try to find love. To wish you were someone else is to devalue the person that you are.
- Have a purpose. Don’t wish that you had one. And if you aren’t sure what that is, ask your best friend what she (or he) thinks it is. Sometimes those closest to us, know us better than we do ourselves.