One of the questions I get most frequently, in many forms is— “When are you going to do another lecture tour to the Lands of the Bible?’ And now I can tell you, it will be next May. Below you will find the itinerary and cost and some explanation. To that explanation I will add that if things get too ‘warm’ in the political sense in Egypt (Jordan and Israel are fine) then we will do Turkey instead. Please note that the person to contact about this is the tour organizer, Levent Oral.
Sign ups for the trip are moving along apace, and we have about 15-20 more spots left (we only take one bus load—- maximum 40 persons). My advice would be— contact Levent at Levent@tutkutours.com ASAP, not me! I will indeed be lecturing at all the sites and your local guides will be the best—– a good time will be had by all, and you will grow in your faith.
Ben Witherington Bible Lands Trip
Egypt, Jordan, Israel – May 8-23, 2012
SUGGESTED TOUR ITINERARY:
May 8 Tue Fly from USA to Cairo
May 9 Wed Arrive Cairo – Fly to Luxor – Overnight Luxor
May 10 Thu Visit Valley of the Kings, King Tut’s Tomb and Queens. See the sound and light show in Luxor. Overnight Luxor
May 11 Fri Visit East Bank and then take an overnight train to Cairo
May 12 Sat Arrive Cairo – visit the Pyramids, the ancient pyramids at Sakharra, Visit a perfurm making factory, an ebony and ivory factory,
May 13 Sun Visit the famous Cairo museum of Egyptology (the new one should be open by the time we get there). See the sound and light show at the Pyramids, and visit old Cairo with its famous old churches and synagogue. We may also get to see the remarkable St. Simons church built on the garbage dump, a truly unique place where they have various miracle services (its a Coptic church).
May 14 Mon Fly from Cairo to Amman – Transfer to the hotel. Overnight Amman
May 15 Tue Drive north to Jerash and then back south to Mt. Nebo and the famous Medaba church, along the way, we will stop at a famous spice market. Overnight Petra.May 16 Wed Drive to Petra. Visit Petra. Overnight Petra.
May 17 Thu Drive from petra to the new John the baptism site on the Jordan side of the Jordan, and then cross into the Holy Land. We will do the Dead Sea, Qumran, Jericho, the Wadi Kilt and St. George’s monastery,and then head up to Jerusalem. Overnight Jerusalem.
May 18 Fri Visit Jerusalem and Bethlehem. Overnight Jerusalem.
May 19 Sat Visit Jerusalem. Overnight Jerusalem.
May 20 Sun Drive north seeing Nazareth, and Sea of Galilee. Overnight Tiberias.
May 21 Mon Visit Capernaum, Bethsaida, Caesarea Philippi. Overnight Tiberias.
May 22 Tue Drive from Tiberias to Tel Aviv. Overnight Tel Aviv.
May 23 Wed Fly back from tel Aviv to USA.
LAND & AIR RATES: $ 4,800 apx. Per Person in Double Occupancy
Single Room Supplement costs a bit more.
– Roundtrip Air Fare between USA-Cairo and Tel Aviv-USA
– Domestic flight from Cairo to Luxor
– Flight from Cairo to Amman
– 2 Nights in Cairo – Horizon Pyramids Hotel or similar
– 2 Nights in luxor – El Luxor Hotel or similar
– 1 Night Sleeping Train
– 1 Night at 4 star hotel in Amman
– 2 Nights at 4 star hotel in Petra
– 3 Nights at 4 star hotel in Jerusalem
– 2 Nights at 4 star hotel in Tiberias
– 1 Night at 4 star hotel in Tel Aviv
– Daily breakfast and all dinners at the hotels
– All transfers and transporattion by private AC Deluxe Buses
– English Speaking tour guides during all sightseeing
– All entry fees to the sites and museums
– Tips to the hotel staff/guides/drivers
– Service charges and local taxes
– Egypt and Jordan Visa Fees
– Lunches and drinks
– All personal Expenses, Travel Insurance and any other item which is not listed above.