Carbon Monoxide Detection

Dear Readers,

This is a friendly reminder to install carbon monoxide detectors in your home in the appropriate place(s). My only brother and sister-in-law had life-threatening carbon monoxide poisoning last night/this morning that resulted from sleeping in a poorly-ventilated houseboat. He’s in his final year of medical school, so he recognized their symptoms as carbon monoxide and they made it to the hospital just in time, but I can’t help but think of the rest of us who don’t have the training of doctors at times like those. That’s what detectors are for. Carbon monoxide is odorless and colorless and particularly dangerous to children and pregnant women. Although I’m diligent about smoke detectors, we haven’t gotten carbon monoxide detectors in our apartment, and I have no idea what I’ve been waiting for. This, I guess.

If you will, please offer a quick prayer of thanks to their guardian angels! And get those detectors ASAP, if you haven’t already–that’s $30 well spent.
"Thank you for all your years of blogging. It has been such fun and a ..."

A Final Post
"Just for anyone researching this subject, I teach elementary music and most pop songs, lyrically ..."

Pop Music and Kids
"MA, it took me forever to comment on this post, but wanted to thank you ..."

Christmas to-do list
"Way to go, MA! That's the spirit, just one step at a time. I started ..."

Christmas to-do list

Browse Our Archives

What Are Your Thoughts?leave a comment