Think you’ve got what it takes to write for Christ and Pop Culture?
If so, we’d love it if you’d send us an email and let us know you’re interested. We’re looking for some new writers who feel confident and excited about writing about the intersection of the Christian faith and pop culture. Here are some things we’re looking for from prospective writers:
- A commitment to evangelical theology. That is, the inerrancy of scripture, justification by faith alone, original sin, the historicity of the crucifixion and resurrection, among other things.
- A love (in some sense) for popular culture. That is, a love for the mediums of film, music, television, books, or video games.
- A reason to take you seriously. We would like those writing to have some experience writing or studying theology/culture/art. We’re pretty lenient about this, but we still need a reason to take you seriously. Make your case.
- An example of your previous writing about something similar to what you read here. If you have a blog or website, give us the link to it.
- A committment. We want people who can commit to writing at least once a month (recommended once a week) and stick to it.
Just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with information about yourself, a sample of your writing, and some indication about how long you’d like to write for us. Feel free to volunteer to write about one area, such as television, film, literature, sports, technology, or music. We are especially in need of someone who could provide music reviews across several genres.
If you have any further questions, feel free to email or leave a comment.
Oh. And no, we don’t pay.