In order to help you develop your natural leadership abilities, here are several “golden rules” for bosses that appeared in a magazine for supervisors:
▪ Be considerate. Take into account the problems of your people.
▪ Be consistent. People want a leader whose course is steady and whose actions are predictable.
▪ Be a good listener. Lead people by knowing them; know them by listening to them.
▪ Show confidence in them. People will repay your confidence in their ability with improved performance.
▪ Be communicative. Keep your people informed.
Even if you’re not officially a boss, there are occasions when leadership skills come in handy. Lay the groundwork now by prayer, planning, and a desire to be of service to others.
Let the greatest among you become as the youngest, and the leader as one who serves. (Luke 22:26)
Imbue me with Your humility, Jesus, so I can become a servant leader.