My name is Denika Anderson, and I’m a recent addition to the EV blog. In the interests of making my often-jumbled thoughts comprehensible and my origins clear, I’ve decided to briefly locate myself, theologically and otherwise.
- I am female.
- I am twenty years of age.
- I am of European descent and am a citizen of the United States.
- I am straight and married. (Additionally: to an amazing man.)
- I am theologically progressive.
- I vote Green.
- I come out of the Lutheran tradition, but went to a Baptist university. I’m going to a Lutheran seminary, though, so they reeled me back in.
- I majored in Bible and Theology, and am just starting my M.Div.
- I am a youth pastor (at an American Baptist church).
- I write with pro-GLBT, pro-gender equality, pro-social and -environmental justice, pro-science, nonviolent, non-inerrantist, process/open theist, pluralist, and moral relativist assumptions, among others that I’m sure I’m forgetting.
- I also have a personal blog. Please visit me there as well because I base my self-worth on my stats page.
I’ll begin producing real content shortly, I promise.