Welcome to our first official video project!
Please take a few minutes and watch the following intro video:
(I recorded and uploaded this video to YouTube in about five minutes. It’s super easy to do!)
For reference, here are the questions I listed:
- What is gained by embracing a process approach toward reality that would not be gained via other approaches?
- What kinds of questions does process answer that cannot be answered by a rigid naturalism?
- What are some of the differences between traditional theistic approaches (which tend to be what atheists are reacting against) and process theism?
- How does process thought respond to the most popular (“new atheist”) criticisms of religion (via Dawkins, Hitchens, Harris, Dennett)?
- How does process thought respond to the more academic criticisms of religion, the “masters of suspicion” (via Nietzsche, Freud, Marx, Feuerbach)?
- What is a process-influenced “philosophy of science”?
- How have process thinkers sidestepped the critiques of metaphysics (via Nietzsche, Heidegger, etc.)?
Let’s do this!
Also, fellow Skeptimergent contributor Kile Jones posted a video explaining some of his own problems with process thought as an atheist: