- Many of us can relate to this Growmama writer’s experience in explaining to her son about world events.
- Talk to your children about 9/11 in an age appropriate way. Here are 8 tips on talking to your kids about 9/11 this week.
- Participate in a community building unity walk with your family. Plus it’s fun and healthy!
- Teach your children the value of community service by adopting a cause or charity for the day, or post a good deed that your family or child plans to perform. You can contact local community organizations, schools, and faith-based groups to see if they have any service plans for 9/11. Then you and your family can volunteer to help. More great tips from Scholastic’s 9/11 day handout.
- We connected with this proactive Muslim mommy’s poignant reflection on her struggles toward raising her son post-9/11.
GrowMama Picks: Remembering 9/11
September 10, 2011 by Leave a Comment