Yesterday morning my husband let me sleep while he got up with the kids (for the second day in a row!). So, at seven, Chris woke me with coffee in his hand. I sat in my bed and read this: “Be joyful in the Lord, all you lands; serve the Lord with gladness and come before his presence with a song” (Psalm 110:1)
I love that: Choose joy. Come out singing.
Here’s what I’m grateful for:
- Has anyone ever been more grateful for the Olympics? Love it. I love the cheesy NBC drama-making. I love the music and the anxious watching. I love finding my favorites and cheering for them and making my kids chant U-S-A! at the dinner table. I LOVE the Olympics.
- I also love following Jen Hatmaker on Twitter. Everything she tweets about the Olympics is cracking me up. And you should follow her too.
- Chris buying me a digital antenna so I could actually watch the Olympics. (Live!) (On my TV!) This whole live TV thing is pretty great.
- Getting to watch Bela Karolyi get all worked up about the whole “only two women from each country can go to the All-Around Competition” rule. He’s right, by the way. Jordyn Weiber should totally be in the All-Around. We should all be enraged about that rule!
- Getting back into a routine at my house
- Family dinners
- Watching gymnastics with my kid
- The amazing babysitter, Caroline, who tells my kids about Jesus and unloaded the dishwasher yesterday
- Kristin Lavransdatter, which I’m FINALLY reading, and loving. (Thanks Christina.)
- The red cheeks of my kids and their neighbor friends running in the 98 degree heat of the six o’clock hour
- Conversations with neighbors
- That Brooksie is so feisty he keeps walking across the coffee table when I’m not looking. (So far, putting him in “The Sad Chair” is not working.)
- Sweet Eliza’s first birthday
- Family swimming at Deep Eddy
- Early bedtimes
- Sweet readers who pray for me and encourage me and offer me cheesy casseroles if we didn’t live thousands of miles from each other. I’m thankful for this community.
It’s Thankful Tuesday, friends. What’s on your list? (Put your link in the comments!)