It’s the final Friday Links of 2010!
- A female suicide bomber killed 45 people in Pakistan. May Allah give the victims peace and justice.
- The Washington Post highlights the work Rubina Sandhi does to fight radicalization in India.
- The New York Times looks at how Muslim women are making gains in the U.S.
- Economic need is forcing many Pakistani women to take jobs, but puts a strain on home life.
- TwoCircles does an interview with Parveen Amanullah, the Social Welfare Minister in Bihar, India.
- A Muslim women’s club collects money for a Veteran’s Memorial in Harrisburg.
- The Dawn looks at rape, criminal law, and Pakistan.
- Oh, look! Hijab is being used as a political issue again! This time between Iran and Azerbaijan.
- The Huffington Post examines Shirin Neshat’s artistic contribution to the last decade.
If you see any stories about Muslim women in the news that we missed, feel free to post links in the comments!
Happy 2011, readers! Enshallah it’s a healthy, happy, successful year for us all!