May 25, 2011, on this blog: Franklin Graham goes the Full Olasky
That’s got all the hallmarks of Marvin Olasky’s bogus mythmaking:
- Laughably false and easily disproved claims about the Golden Age of the past? Check.
- Attempt to spin the church’s abandoning its responsibility as a case of government usurpation? Check.
- Ridiculously inflated claims about the scale, capacity and expertise of faith-based assistance? Check.
- Deliberate exclusion of the opinions of those actually providing that assistance, both today and “a hundred years ago”? Check.
- Fundamental confusion that imagines all duties and obligations as mutually exclusive? Check.
Yep. Graham is five for five. That’s the Full Olasky right there.