1) So…in this gentleman’s world, someone who will sell a person cream puffs but not a wedding cake? Totally equivalent to building concentration camps and perpetrating genocide.
2) Fully aware of the irony inherent in what I am about to say, I’m going to say it, anyway: the next person who tells me that because Jesus drove the moneychangers from the temple, all enraged non-God-men are justified in being cruel and ugly to their also-redeemed fellow humans is going to get this.
3) It’s astonishing to me how many times people in comboxes are content to say the exact same thing they’ve said, again and again. Growth through repetition happens in the gym. Not so much in debate.
4) Bong! Say something new is not a bad thing to tell ourselves, sometimes. But that’s just me and my woeful attention span. I fully appreciate that at this moment you want to say:
5) I did appreciate commenter Lynn Perrizo’s stuff this morning, though, mostly because it was something different:
Lynn Perrizo • 10 hours ago
“Work willingly at whatever you do, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people. Remember that the Lord will give you an inheritance as your reward, and that the Master you are serving is Christ.” (Colossians 3:23, 24 NLT)
So when I read this this morning my thought was that those verse answer this whole thing. Amen. Jesus commanded us to go and make diciples of all nations. We don’t get to decide who we will be an example of Christ’s love to. The people Jesus had the biggest problem with was the religious leaders. I do not want to be a member of that group! As the church we are reflect who Jesus is to the whole world. Not just those who from our piping of view sin in a way that is acceptable to me.
6) I want to know why everyone on Facebook seems to be talking about fried chicken and waffles.
7) Is this a thing? Why have I never heard of this before? Is it something good?
8) And finally, do you want ants? Because this is how we get ants!