In a great turn of events, I’ve been invited to move to Patheos as a hosted blogger for their network. This is really exciting for multiple reasons.
- The chance to collaborate with some excellent bloggers who belong to this network. I will be part of two Patheos portals, both the evangelical and progressive groups. This is because I consider myself a progressive (politically) and an evangelical (biblically). If you’ve read my blog for any amount of time, you probably know that neither label captures my Anabaptist view of faith in itself, but hopefully participating in both pools will bring some balance. I look forward to being part of syncro-blogs and symposiums on various issues in the Christian faith.
- This will give me the chance to broaden my readership. Not that having a large following has ever been the “goal”, its always fun to know that what I write connects with people that I may have never met if not for the world wide web.
- Yes, I will be able to be hosted by them for free and may even make enough money to pay off my social media expenses each month. I must admit that this was a motivation, but certainly minor in comparison with the above two.
What you need to know:
- My RSS feed will be unchanged. If you subscribe through feedburner, nothing will be different and I will be the one managing it! So, if you haven’t already, here’s an invitation to subscribe by email.
- The “look” of my blog will be unchanged (with some minor exceptions).
- The only major change will be my blog URL address: http://www.patheos.com/blogs/thepangeablog/
- Transitions like this take time when dealing with some of the “kinks.” Please let me know if you come up against any tech issues. Comments not showing up may be part of this…
I want to take this time to thank all of you who read, share, and interact with what I write. It’s been a privilege to get to know many of you from a distance (and some in person). I believe as we continue to seek the way of Jesus that more great dialogue will happen in the coming months and years!