This just in: the media for the Piper-Carson event is here. The Desiring God blog has all the goods, and believe me, they are nice, as the event was shot in high-definition video. If your computer can handle it, I highly recommend that you watch these talks and the Q&A through the video.
Here’s the announcement from the DG Blog:
“All the audio and video from The Pastor As Scholar and the Scholar As Pastor is now available.
- Piper’s message (audio, video, manuscript)
- Carson’s message (audio, video, manuscript coming soon!)
- the discussion that followed (audio, video)
As I said a few days ago, if you are interested in learning more about the pastor-theologian, check out these excellent resources, both of which I have read and loved:
1. He Is Not Silent by Al Mohler for three highly stimulating chapters on “The Pastor as Theologian”.
2. Doug Sweeney’s Jonathan Edwards and the Ministry of the Word (IVP, out in July 2009).
Thanks to Eric Johnson, Lukas Naugle, David Mathis, and the DGM team for making these high-quality resources available for free.