I’m pretty excited about the D.Min. at Fuller Seminary that I’ll be teaching starting this June, not long after completing my own “terminal degree.” (That’s a telling phrase!) I know that several readers of this blog have already applied to Fuller to join the cohort, and I’m hoping that a few more will. Here are some of the reasons that this D.Min. is unique:
- Those of us in the cohort will, I am quite sure, develop friendships that will last for years.
- We’re going to be learning together. This won’t be a lecture-listener format, but an ongoing, interactive learning environment.
- The topic is Christian Spirituality, so we’ll not just be learning in an intellectual sense. We’ll also be growing our own spirits as we seek to follow Jesus.
- I’ll be joined be some incredible fellow instructors: Lauren Winner, Phyllis Tickle, Brian McLaren, and Gareth Higgins.
- We’re meeting for about two weeks each June for the next three years.
- The first and third years will take place in Southern California.
- The second year, with Brian McLaren, will be a canoe trip in the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness on the Minnesota-Canada border.
Below is a video in which I explain a bit more of what I’m looking forward to. I hope you’ll consider applying.