For those of you who may not already know, the Desiring God 2006 National Conference will be held in Minneapolis from September 29th through October 1st. The theme is Above All Earthly Powers: The Supremacy of Christ in a Postmodern World.
In a registration update on the 2006 National Conference Blog, registration as of Tuesday, August 29th was at 90 per cent capacity, and conference officials feel it is very likely it will sell out by Friday. If you are considering attending, it might be wise to register before September 1st.
If you remain undecided as to whether you should to attend the conference, here are a list of the speakers and their respective topics:
- DAVID WELLS: “The Supremacy of Christ in a Postmodern World”
- D. A. CARSON: “The Supremacy of Christ and Love in a Postmodern World”
- TIMOTHY KELLER: “The Supremacy of Christ and the Gospel in a Postmodern World”
- MARK DRISCOLL: “The Supremacy of Christ and the Church in a Postmodern World”
- VODDIE BAUCHAM: “The Supremacy of Christ and Truth in a Postmodern World”
- JOHN PIPER: “The Supremacy of Christ and Joy in a Postmodern World”
A press release from Desiring God explains:
“According to Dr. Piper, the specific aim of this conference is to call the church to a radical and very old vision of the Man, Jesus Christ – fully God, fully sovereign, fully redeeming by His substitutionary, wrath-absorbing death, fully alive and reigning, fully revealed for our salvation in the inerrant Holy Bible, and fully committed to being preached with human words and beautifully described with doctrinal propositions based on biblical paragraphs.”