There have been some pretty spectacular examples of the kinds of snafus that Mercury retrograde periods cause in the news lately:
- Google was down for about an hour today, cutting off access to online searches and email for millions of people. More here.
- In Florida, a ban on internet cafes actually banned every computer in the state. More here.
- The comeback of Eliot Spitzer after his scandal appears to be taking off. More here.
- A “rogue flight plan” affected passengers flying in and out of Southern England today. More here.
- A computer glitch caused fireworks to malfunction in Iowa. More here.
- Last but not least, there was a higher than normal incidence of wardrobe malfunctions among stars and wanna bes. If you want to know more, just google it!
When Mercury is retrograde we often have to go back over and over something that is already completed or settled. Knowing that this is a period of time when this kind of thing can happen makes it much easier to simply go through that process without frustration. But we can utilize this time to our advantage by performing tasks that involve REvision, REevaluation, REconnecting with old friends, REsolving conflicts, REdecorating our house, REassessing our life plan.
Mercury will turn direct again on July 20th. Until then, be patient, the river may not flow through it right now.
[related_posts limit=”5″ image=”50″]