One of the great beautiful things about the MCU is the vast multitude of the various variety of genres they have that populate their stories.
The Guardians of the Galaxy gave us straight up Science Fiction.
The Winter Soldier and Black Widow gave us intense spy thrillers with lots of espionage dripping out.
Dr. Strange and Wanda gave us straight up Fantasy with Wizards and Witches.
Thor gave Marvelous Mythology.
Spider-Man gave us a coming of age story of first love and how a teen deals with being a student and a superhero.
Captain America gave us a war time hero in a period piece who helped keep the peace by beating up everyone’s favorite villian, “The Nazi’s”.
The MCU has given all these genres to movie lovers and more.
And the Avengers movies prove that you can take all these genres with their variety of heroes and blend them together neatly in one movie without it getting sour story wise.
And now Shang-Chi has given us a wi-fi martial arts movie mixed with more myth and folklore including dragons and headless cuddly creatures.
If your a Marvel Fan, then Shang-Chi Ring in a new Marvel in Superhero movies.
In Shang-Chi you will experience…
- A well crafted edited movie that moves along at a good pace revealing something new about a character with every change of scene.
- Anybody who works an ordinary job like being a valet can possess super abilities such as Bruce Lee martial artist skills.
- A spectacular fight on a San Francisco muni city bus that is a combo of a Jackie Chan movie and Speed. Complete with a villian with a razor for an arm.
- A high altitude fight scene on the scaffolding of a building housing an underground fight club featuring a fight between Wong from Dr. Strange and Abomination from the Incredible Hulk. Plus there are other various Marvel cameos from other films, including Ben Kingsley as Trevor Slattery last scene in Iron Man 2. And Bruce Banner and Captain Marvel.
- Planet of the Apes can be a stepping stone for someone considering a career in acting.
- If they can train monkeys to ride horses, anything is possible.
- The deaths of people we never learn the names of.
- The beautiful Michelle Yeoh still looking good while kicking all kinds of butt.
- Intense Family Drama featuring a Brother divided against his Sister and a Son against his Father.
- A movie where a man and a woman develop no romantic feelings for one another and actually stay best friends throughout the film.
- A Moving Forest Maze.
- An intense Battle featuring demon creatures that suck your soul and a Dragon that looks like it came from a Hayao Miyazaki movie.
- A hunger for learning more about the 10 Rings and just what the heck they are.
- A link to future Marvel movies.
Want to learn more about Shang-Chi?
Yeah, Yeah, Yeah it’s barely an inconvenience as Movie Pitch comes through with another breakdown of a film.
I post this because putting up Movie Pitches is tight.
And probably the two most important lessons you will learn from a movie this year.
You can distract dumb people trying to attack you by singing a random song.
No matter how busy you are, how tired you are, and how under pressure you are
there is always time to go out for Karaoke
For the Nerd in You… Here is a basket full of Easter Eggs