My wife Ashley and I have had the privilege of doing marriage ministry for many years. In our travels and speaking and online ministry, we’re often asked “What’s your all-time favorite marriage advice?”
It’s a tough question, because it’s nearly impossible to limit the best advice to one sentence. The “best” advice for a couple is usually based on their current struggles and the season of life they’re in. Below, I’ve put together a list of my all-time favorite marriage advice. These 30 pieces of marriage wisdom are in no particular order, but if you’ll apply them to your marriage it could make an immediate impact.Here’s my all-time favorite 30 pieces of marriage advice (in no particular order)…
1. Choose to love each other even in those moments when you struggle to like each other. Love is a commitment, not a feeling.
2. Always answer the phone when your husband/wife is calling and when possible, try to keep your phone off when you’re together with your spouse.
3. Make time together a priority. Budget for a consistent date night. Time is the “currency of relationships” so consistently invest time into your marriage.
4. Surround yourself with friends who will strengthen your marriage and remove yourself from people who may tempt you to compromise your character.
5. Make laughter the soundtrack of your marriage. Share moments of joy, and even in the hard times, find reasons to laugh.
6. In every argument, remember that there won’t be a “winner” and a “loser.” You are partners in everything so you’ll either win together or lose together. Work together to find a solution.