From an e-mail I received yesterday:
The intent is:
- To prepare deacons and priests to preach during the Fortnight of Freedom
- To provide clergy and church ministers with a venue for their own formation and engagement of the religious liberty question
- To suggest strategies on how to engage different audiences in the parish in preaching and in ministry
- To survey the principles of Catholic thought and to study the document “Our First, Most Cherished Liberty,” issued by the USCCB’s Ad Hoc Committee for Religious Liberty
- To provide a venue for integration and processing of the issues.
Read more about it at the very good website of the Archdiocese of Chicago deacons.