Recently, I received The Rose Chronological Guide to the Bible.
This is a 178-page large spiral bound primer on the entire Bible.
Filled with charts, maps, and beautiful photographs, the Guide gives you a solid introduction of the biblical story in chronological order.
Aside from a few disagreements on the chronology, I found the guide to be accurate on the whole and a delight to thumb through.
Note that this is not a detailed work by any means, it’s a very basic overview. But one that’s valuable and cosmetically appealing.
For this reason, I recommend it.
This is from the publisher:
Did you know that the Bible has more than 1,100 chapters and 30,000 verses? It can be easy to get lost in all the people, places, and stories of the Bible. The Rose Chronology Guide to the Bible is designed to help you see how all the pieces of the Bible fit together—and see God’s big story from creation to the end times.
Look at the Bible in a fresh new way by viewing Bible events in the order they happened. See all sixty-six books of the Bible, from Genesis to Revelation, arranged chronologically. You’ll learn how the stories of key Bible characters—like Abraham, David, Ruth, and Paul—fit into the larger story of God’s unfolding plan of salvation through his Son Jesus Christ.
This one-of-a-kind resource is packed with full-color charts, maps, and illustrations to help you explore bible history. It includes:
- Three 24-inch chronology foldouts showing the Bible at a glance, the life of Jesus, and the kings and prophets of the Old Testament.
- Chronology charts on popular Bible topics such as the Genesis flood, the temple in Jerusalem, the ark of the covenant, and more.
- A harmony of the four Gospels—Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John—side by side.
- Maps showing the journeys of the patriarchs, the exodus route, where Jesus walked, Paul’s missionary trips, and more.
- Quick summaries of all sixty-six books of the Bible and when they happened.
Over 170 reproduced pages. An excellent way to enhance your Sunday school, home school, and small group or individual Bible studies.
Title: Rose Chronological Guide to the Bible
Format: Spiral Bound
Vendor: Rose Publishing
Publication Date: 2019
Dimensions: 11 X 9 X 1 (inches)