I don’t watch much TV. I really don’t. But I did get hooked on Lost. This season that convoluted narrative comes to an end, and the producers say that every loose end will be tied together, every mystery solved, and every plot line resolved. So how do you think it will end? Will it be. . .
(1) The Bob Newhart ending? (It was all a dream.)
(2) The Sixth Sense ending? (They are all dead.)
(3) The Matrix ending? (They are all characters in a computer program.)(4) The Hamlet ending? (They all get killed.)
(5) The Samsara ending? (They get caught in a time loop and have to live through the story again.)
(6) The Dante ending? (They are in a purgatorial afterlife.)
(7) The X-Files ending? (A few things are resolved, but leaving room for a movie.)
(8) The Meta ending? (They all turn out to be characters in someone’s story.)
(9) The Scooby-Doo ending? (The key villain is in disguise, and it turns out there is a rational explanation for everything.)
How else might it end?