While nothing was dramatically wrong in their relationship, they realized what had begun as humor and innocuous teasing had slowly become a bad habit. The bad habit grew into something more significant, eroding the once-healthy respect and affection that had characterized their early marriage years….
A few thoughts to consider…
- It’s the little things that add up and become really big things. A marriage isn’t rocked to its core by affairs and addictions only.
- Even for couples with great senses of humor, making the person you love the brunt of the joke cuts more deeply than you think.
- Dishonoring your spouse, even in the smallest ways, quickly becomes a pattern and snowballs.
- Little cutting comments lodge in the heart and eventually drain affection.
- Little life-giving comments also lodge in the heart and enrich affection.
- The way you talk to your spouse is most likely the way your sons and daughters will talk to theirs.
- The way you talk to your spouse is most likely the way your sons and daughters will allow themselves to BE talked to by theirs.
Patheos Explore the world's faith through different perspectives on religion and spirituality! Patheos has the views of the prevalent religions and spiritualities of the world.