On Monday, May 11, at Hale’s Brewery and Pub in Seattle, you can join Dr. Jeff Keuss, Anna Miller, music critic Chris Estey from The Stranger and Seattle Weekly, and me for an evening of discussion about the most exciting and meaningful music we’ve heard in 2015 so far.
It’s the live podcast recording of The Kindlings Muse, so we’ll be sampling songs, taking questions, and raising glasses. Reserve your seats here!
What’s your favorite record of 2015 so far? Let me know, and I’ll try to make find time to mention it during the live podcast recording of the show.
Here’s my list of favorites so far…
- Sufjan Stevens – Carrie & Lowell
- Sleater-Kinney – No Cities to Love
- Rhiannon Giddens – Tomorrow is My Turn
- Laura Marling – Short Movie
- Roebuck “Pops” Staples – Don’t Lose This
- The Lone Bellow – Then Came the Morning
- The Decemberists – What a Terrible World, What a Beautiful World
- Bettye LaVette – Worthy
- Bjork – Vulnicura
- Alabama Shakes – Sound & Color