Your almost-on-time Weekly Apocalypse, in eight points:
- The midterm election cured the press of the reporting-on-ebola epidemic.
- A not-so-recent social science study went out of date again.
- An Italian karaoke-singing nun, after winning the derivative Italian version of The Voice, signed a record deal with Universal and released a debut where she performs covers songs, bringing an official and much anticipated end to the credibility of the popular music industry.
- A Catholic online publication is blown away by another edgy and original submission about the world today.
- Another philosophy conference on arts and beauty turns out to be just meh.
- Pope Francis didn’t do anything this week.
- Ill advised tweet goes viral for two minutes and makes it onto cable television for ten seconds and then disappears forever.
- At the recent G-20 meeting, Vladimir Putin claimed, “we know eyes constitute a peripheral part of brain,” before leaving early.