I’m pleased to make this announcement on behalf of the Band of Bloggers event to be held in April on the day the Together for the Gospel (T4G) convention begins: Tuesday, April 15, 2008, from 11:30am-1:30pm. This event will be concluded before the first session of T4G, which begins at 2:30. Below is information about the conference written by event founder Timmy Brister which I’ve taken directly from the Band of Bloggers blog, which I encourage you to check out.
2008 Band of Bloggers
“The Gospel Trust”
Tuesday, April 15, 2008 :: (11:30 – 1:30)
The Galt House (Louisville, KY)
Tim Challies, Justin Taylor, Thabiti Anyabwile, and Mark Lauterbach
“After a long process of working out the details, the 2008 Band of Bloggers fellowship is open for registration! The window of registration will be from February 18-March 31, 2008 (a total of six weeks). So be sure to help us get the word out to all the bloggers attending T4G this year.
A few things to note:
1. $15 for Registration
The Galt House (where the T4G conference was held in 2006) has agreed to host this year’s meeting and will be catering the attendees with a boxed lunch. Those of you who have been around downtown Louisville know how difficult it is to find a place to eat, moreover, a place that is affordable. We are committed to making the cost as affordable as possible, but given that we are working with no budget or any outside financial support, a small registration fee is required. Included in this cost is lunch and other treats TBA. If you plan to attend and cannot afford the $15, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Limited CapacityThe current conference room will allow us to seat approximately 150 people. Therefore, it is important that you register early. If perchance, we exceed this capacity in short order, we will pursue the possibility of a larger meeting room. We would like to make this open to as many as possible, so please do not procrastinate in signing up!
3. Location, Directions, and Time
The Galt House is located just one block away from the Kentucky Convention Center and can be accessed indoors (less than a five minute walk). For those traveling from the airport, I have created a Google Map and have pin-pointed the locations for both the Galt House and Convention Center. For those of you concerned that you will miss the first session of T4G, it does not begin until 2:30, and Band of Bloggers is scheduled to end at 1:30 p.m. that afternoon.
The purpose of this event is to provide all attending bloggers of the 2008 Together for the Gospel conference an opportunity to meet, fellowship, and engage in a fruitful, gospel-centered discussion with some of the leading bloggers today. It is our desire that you to be refreshed personally, connected corporately, and fueled Christocentricly. May the Lord use this time to burn in our hearts a love for the gospel and for one another.”
If the conference panelists do not show up, I may give a lecture on one of the following topics:
- “Successfully Starting a Blog to Be Read By Your Parents, Best Friend, and the Occasional Total Stranger”
- “Elite Marketing for Bloggers with Readership Below Twenty People”
- “Lessons in Insignificance: A Multi-Part Lecture on How To Pontificate as if Someone Is Actually Reading Your Blog”
- “Understanding Demographics: How to Attract the Coveted “Totally Random Search” Group to Your Blog, and How to Convince Them to Stay Once They’ve Realized Their Error”
- “Magic & Light: Or, Writing Blogs on Days When You Have Nothing to Say and No One’s Going to Read it Anyway”
- “How I Successfully Doubled My Readership”–or, “How to Take Your Readership Past the Dreaded Twenty-Person Mark in Just Under Two and a Half Years”
So there you go. You better hope those panelists show up, eh?