- “This newly released 600-page book needs to quickly become part of the library of every preacher who wants to learn what some of the most influential preachers in the UK think of our shared art …”
- This is a far-reaching interview. Liam pulls no punches as he challenges the distortion of the concept of evangelical that is occuring today. He argues that without penal substitution there is no Gospel.
- In this post, I share my jottings on 1 Timothy.
- This is Mark D. Roberts’ definition of denomination. I think that, given the absense of rules or a true institution, we in newfrontiers can still claim NOT to be a denomination.
- Jim Bublitz begins a two-part post on the relevance and importance of doctrine. Lloyd-Jones went on to say that “people most frequently in trouble in their spiritual lives have been those who lacked understanding. You cannot divorce these things.”
- More notes from Justin Taylor on Packer, including thoughts on his biography, recalling Campbell Morgan’s comment not to expound on a book of the Bible until it had been read 40 times, his growing appreciation for Owen, and other insights.
Links for July 11, 2006
July 11, 2006 by