“Why do I feel so alone?” It’s a question I’m frequently asked by clients, and it’s a feeling I feel into the depths of my soul. It wasn’t understood until I realized that I was an empath, and that empathy was not the curse that I thought.
We are each like a tree and we have to nourish the trunk of the tree for the limbs to grow healthy. Sometimes the limbs of the tree need to be cut off in order for new growth to happen. These limbs could be past loves, friendships that only lasted a season, a job opportunity that didn’t work out, a current love that is unhealthy, issues with family, financial problems and the list continues. Empaths have a tendency to nourish everyone else. They help others with their work, but don’t do their own work, or allow others to help and then realize that the trunk that used to be so strong is now dry rotted. Realizing that you are allowed to trim your limbs, care for your trunk – your very soul – strengthens every part of you and the limbs can grow stronger and go further and bloom more beautiful. And it is then that you can help others, but not before helping yourself.
Signs of an Empath
- Because of that giving nature of an empath, they have a tendency to be their own worst enemy.
- An empth often attracts the users of the world.
- An empath might believe that their feelings aren’t important.
- An empath might believe that being sensitive isn’t a super power, but harsh Krypton.
- An empath often loses pieces of oneself, feeling as with every step shards they are stepping on shards of glass, not and although incredibly intuitive, is afraid to move forward.
- An empath often forgets that being happy is okay, and it is up to them to make their happily ever after happen.
- An empath feels guilty when they are angry, sad, mad, and often apologizes for how they feel.
- An empath spends so much time absorbing every one else’s emotions that it manipulates them into thinking its all theirs, when most all of it isn’t theirs to carry at all.
Kristy Robinett (Michigan) is a revolutionary psychic medium, international author, and inspirational speaker. In addition to giving readings and teaching workshops, she uses her psychic skills to assist with police investigations. Kristy lectures across the country and is a frequent media commentator, appearing on the ID Channel’s Restless Souls, Fox News, ABC News, Coast to Coast, and more. Kristy Robinett is also the author of several books, including Tails from the Afterlife: Stories of Signs, Messages, and Inspiration from your Companion Animals (Llewellyn, March 2018); Messages From a Wonderful Afterlife: Signs Loved Ones Send from Beyond; It’s a Wonderful Afterlife: Inspiring True Stories from a Psychic Medium; Forevermore: Guided in Spirit by Edgar Allan Poe; Messenger Between Worlds: True Stories from a Psychic Medium; Higher Intuitions Oracle; Ghosts of Southeast Michigan; and Michigan’s Haunted Legends and Lore.Visit her online at KristyRobinett.com.As much as the crowded world might feel lonely, sometimes you simply need to adjust your focus, remove the cloaks you’ve been carrying for so long. Your soul may be hundreds, or millions of years old. You may very well be a healer, and even healers need to take time to heal. You are not wounded, you are a warrior.I believe in you.