Gotta say I’m a big fan of this church sign at my father-in-law’s church:
It’s time to STOP:
- Using faith, Jesus and the Bible as a political platform;
- Cherry-picking from the Gospel based on what polls well;
- Claiming Jesus would be so myopic to identify with either of our major political parties;
- Calling yourself a Christian politician while also allowing denigrating, dirty political campaigning to continue unchecked;
- Suggesting either Romney or Obama isn’t Christian. Who are you to decide who’s a Christian?
- Using churches to coerce people into voting one way or another;
- Assuming that all Christians automatically, mindlessly vote for one political party;
- Condescending to other Christians if they don’t vote the same way you do;
- Treating the denial of equal human rights as a secondary moral issue;
- Claiming that America is a Christian nation or that we’re somehow favored by God over others. Claims like that are why we’re mocked and reviled around the world.