As Barbara Brown Taylor says of Philip Gulley’s latest work, “If the Church were Christian: Rediscovering the Values of Jesus”, the chapter titles are worth the price of the book. Here are a few:
If the Church were Christian
- Jesus would be a model for living rather than an object of worship.
- Meeting needs would be more important than maintaining institutions (take note Mainline Protestants).
- It would care more about love and less about sex.
- Gracious behavior would be more important than right belief.
- Peace would be more important than Power.
Read more theobloggers’ picks for Summer Reading at Patheos here.