Frankly, I don’t think God asks much when he calls us to walk by faith. It should be easier for me to trust Him than to trust myself.
At least you’d think so.
And besides, He promised to work it all out for my good and His glory.
Yet still we struggle.
This blog is all about offering a place where we can speak the truth in love to become better FaithWalkers both in the church and throughout all of life and culture.
In addition to helping people like you live a story worth telling, I’m the Founder and Chief Story Architect of StoryBuilders, a creative group empowering individuals and organizations to tell their stories well and share them with the world.
I write books, both my own and in collaboration with others. A few recent titles include A Story Worth Telling, You Will Be Made to Care, Drain the Swamp, Not a Daycare, Big Problems. Bigger God., and numerous leadership, faith, and business titles.
I am a founding partner of Ziglar Family and co-founder of Thrive: A Ziglar Family Community. When I’m not speaking, writing, and leading my business team, I’m hanging out with my family, getting creative in the gardens, or getting my creative juices flowing at my magical second home–Walt Disney World.
~ Jeff Goins, Best-selling Author, The Art of Work
More about My Story
For those who care about such things, I hold degrees in English and History from Cleveland State University and an M.B.A. from the Weatherhead School of Management, Case Western Reserve University.
I served a few years as a pastor and a took a tour as a seminarian for good measure.
I led a thriving K-12 Christian school near Cleveland, OH, for twelve years, serving as principal while developing teachers, students, and curriculum toward a fuller Biblical worldview.
That was before God called me to focus on my strengths as a writer and communicator and serve as a Kingdom catalyst for his church-at-large. You can learn more about that journey of faith here.
Because I believe faith connects with all of life, both private and public, I am privileged to serve as the Junior Scholar of Cultural Theology and Director of Development for The Center for Cultural Leadership.
More about My Writing
Explore some of my latest eBook resources with a click here.
I partnered with my friend Hugh Hewitt on In, But Not Of Revised & Updated: A Guide to Christian Ambition and the Desire to Influence the World and crafted an accompanying In, But Not Of Leader’s Guide for Group Study for free church and school use. Download a copy for free here.Thanks for stopping by. If you’re seeking a friendly, authentic, and memorable speaker for your event, click here.
Take a quick tour of my blog. Here are a few popular posts:
Posts on the Church
Posts on Leadership
- Fear of Failure: Why It’s Essential to Success
- 12 Questions Every New Leader Should Ask
- 5 Questions to Discern a Life Change
- Interview with Brad Lomenick: The Catalyst Leader and Calling
Posts on Culture
- Same-Sex Marriage Battle: The Consequences of Surrender
- Duck Dynasty: Top Ten Reasons the A&E Show is Popular
- Election 2012: It’s the End of America as We Know It
Posts on Family and Personal Growth
- How to Read the Bible Every Day and Enjoy It!
- Marriage Retreat: How to Plan a Weekend Getaway
- 5 Questions to Know God’s Will for Your Life
Posts on Politics
- Why Your Faith Does Determine Your Politics
- What I Think Happened with Benghazi: The Vast Conspiracy
- 5 Things I Don’t Understand about Christians Who Voted for Obama
Posts on Education
- Why Schools Should Get Rid of Almost All Homework
- 7 Steps to Safer Schools: A Principal Speaks
- To All Those Who Want Safer Schools in Newtown
- The War Against God: A Review
- The Catalyst Leader by Brad Lomenick
- Grace-based Parenting: A Review of Connecting Church and Home
- Review: Spielberg’s Lincoln Portrays Politics Behind 13th Amendment
- Skyfall: See Why James Bond Just Got Even Better
- Disney Celebrates Adoption: Review of The Odd Life of Timothy Green