Frankly, I don’t think God asks much when he calls us to walk by faith. It should be easier to me to trust Him than to trust myself.
At least you’d think so.
And besides, He promised to work it all out for my good and His glory.
Yet still we struggle.
This blog is all about offering a place where we can all get some help and share wisdom on how to be better FaithWalkers in our personal life, family, church, and culture.
For those who care about such things, I hold a B.A. in English and History from Cleveland State University and an M.B.A. from the Weatherhead School of Management, Case Western Reserve University. I served a few years as a pastor and a took a tour as a seminarian for good measure.
I helped grow and lead a successful K-12 Christian school for twelve years, serving as principal while developing teachers, students, and curriculum toward a fuller Biblical worldview. That was before God called me to get focused on my strengths and step out by faith. The journey of faith continues today. You can read more about the story behind my decision in these posts: I Will Take the Ring: Why I’m Leaving Rivendell and Life of Comfort.
I’m passionate about helping Christians think, live, and lead with abundant faith. My 25 years of business and ministry experience combine with my non-profit expertise to give me a unique burden for helping ministry leaders succeed. I know what it’s like to be in the trenches of ministry leadership. I know how difficult it can be to balance the business and logistical components so as not to hinder effective ministry. God has given me both a passion and a gift for coaching ministry leaders and consulting with church and organizational leadership teams to help equip them to more effectively make disciples of Jesus Christ. In my coaching and consulting ministry, I’m privileged to be mentored by my good friend Dick Savidge, President of Ministry Coaching International.
Because I believe faith connects with all of life, both private and public, I am privileged to serve as the Junior Scholar of Cultural Theology and Director of Development for the Center for Cultural Leadership.
I partnered with my friend Hugh Hewitt on In, But Not Of Revised & Updated: A Guide to Christian Ambition and the Desire to Influence the World and crafted an accompanying In, But Not Of Leader’s Guide for Group Study for free church and school use. I published a short and fun e-book last fall entitled Finding the Curve: The Secret to Explosive Personal Growth. For a limited time, you can download a copy for free here.
And just to make sure I’m not putting God in a box, I also serve by faith as an Associate Trainer with EQUIP Leadership, Inc., founded by John C. Maxwell. I have partnered with them to train effective leaders in Guam. We launched in November of 2012 and will be returning regularly to help lead conferences on leadership to equip Christian leaders. You can contribute to that faith walk with a click here.
Thanks for stopping by. If you’re seeking a friendly, authentic, and memorable speaker for your event, click here to be transported to my speaking page.
For a quick tour of my blog, here are a few popular posts:
Posts on Christian Living
- Why I’ve Stopped Singing in Your Church
- How to Stop Being Afraid
- A Principal’s Prayer for Sandy Hook, Newtown, and Chardon
Posts on Leadership and Personal Growth
- How to Read the Bible Every Day and Enjoy It!
- Legacy of Wisdom: One Christian’s Tribute to Stephen Covey
- To All Those Who Want Safer Schools in Newtown
Posts on Culture
- Same-Sex Marriage Battle: The Consequences of Surrender
- How I Can Be Pro-Life and Support the Death Penalty
- Do You Know the 9 Words That Change Everything?
Posts on Politics
- Why Your Faith Does Determine Your Politics
- An Inauguration Day Prayer for President Obama
- 5 Things I Don’t Understand about Christians Who Voted for Obama
- The War Against God: A Review
- See How to Get Lifted by Angels by Joel J Miller
- See Why You’ll Hate to Love Wrecked by Jeff Goins
- Review: Spielberg’s Lincoln Portrays Politics Behind 13th Amendment
- Skyfall: See Why James Bond Just Got Even Better
- Disney Celebrates Adoption: Review of The Odd Life of Timothy Green
For speaking and media interview availability: Bill@BillintheBlank.com