Frankly, I don’t think God asks much when he calls us to walk by faith. It should be easier for me to trust Him than to trust myself.
At least you’d think so.
And besides, He promised to work it all out for my good and His glory.
Yet still we struggle.
This blog is all about offering a place where we can all get some help and share wisdom on how to be better FaithWalkers as leaders in our family, church, and culture.
I am the Founder and President of FaithWalkers, a writing, speaking, and resource-creating ministry that equips Christians to think, live, and lead with abundant faith. You know, the kind that causes us to get out of the boat — and occasionally rock it a little — as we seek to live out what we believe.
I am also the Founder of and Lead Content Creator for Creative Content Solutions. We help people use words — better. If you need something written well, let us know. We can probably help. We excel at creating and enriching faith-based, discipleship, and leadership oriented content. And then communicating it simply and effectively. Ghost-writing, copy-writing, development materials, blog posts, web-site content, e-books, study guides and curriculum, story-telling, even social media — the list goes on. Just e-mail me directly (Bill@BillintheBlank.com) to see how we might be able to help you grow your content, not your payroll.
For those who care about such things, I hold a B.A. in English and History from Cleveland State University and an M.B.A. from the Weatherhead School of Management, Case Western Reserve University. I served a few years as a pastor and a took a tour as a seminarian for good measure.
I helped grow and lead a successful K-12 Christian school near Cleveland, OH, for twelve years, serving as principal while developing teachers, students, and curriculum toward a fuller Biblical worldview. That was before God called me to get focused on my strengths and step out by faith. That journey of faith continues today in Atlanta, GA. You can read more about the story behind my decision in these posts: I Will Take the Ring: Why I’m Leaving Rivendell and Life of Comfort.
I’m passionate about helping Christians think, live, and lead with abundant faith. My 25 years of business and ministry experience combine with my non-profit expertise to give me a unique burden for helping ministry leaders succeed. I know what it’s like to be in the trenches of ministry leadership. I know how difficult it can be to balance the business and logistical components so as not to hinder effective ministry. God has given me both a passion and a gift for coaching ministry leaders and consulting with church and organizational leadership teams to help equip them to more effectively make disciples of Jesus Christ. In my coaching and consulting ministry, I’m privileged to be mentored by my good friend Dick Savidge, President of Ministry Coaching International.
Because I believe faith connects with all of life, both private and public, I am privileged to serve as the Junior Scholar of Cultural Theology and Director of Development for the Center for Cultural Leadership.
I partnered with my friend Hugh Hewitt on In, But Not Of Revised & Updated: A Guide to Christian Ambition and the Desire to Influence the World and crafted an accompanying In, But Not Of Leader’s Guide for Group Study for free church and school use. I published a short and fun e-book last fall entitled Finding the Curve: The Secret to Explosive Personal Growth. For a limited time, you can download a copy for free here.
And just to make sure I’m not putting God in a box, I also serve by faith as an Associate Trainer with EQUIP Leadership, Inc., founded by John C. Maxwell. I have partnered with them to train effective leaders in Guam. We launched in November of 2012 and will be returning regularly to help lead conferences on leadership to equip Christian leaders. You can contribute to that faith walk with a click here.
Thanks for stopping by. If you’re seeking a friendly, authentic, and memorable speaker for your event, click here to be transported to my speaking page.
For a quick tour of my blog, here are a few popular posts:
Posts on the Church
- Why I’ve Stopped Singing in Your Church
- Why I Left Your Seeker-Friendly Church
- Why I Stopped Showing Up on Time at Your Church
Posts on Leadership
- Fear of Failure: Why It’s Essential to Success
- 12 Questions Every New Leader Should Ask
- 5 Questions to Discern a Life Change
- Interview with Brad Lomenick: The Catalyst Leader and Calling
Posts on Culture
- Same-Sex Marriage Battle: The Consequences of Surrender
- Duck Dynasty: Top Ten Reasons the A&E Show is Popular
- Election 2012: It’s the End of America as We Know It
Posts on Family and Personal Growth
- How to Read the Bible Every Day and Enjoy It!
- Marriage Retreat: How to Plan a Weekend Getaway
- 5 Questions to Know God’s Will for Your Life
Posts on Politics
- Why Your Faith Does Determine Your Politics
- What I Think Happened with Benghazi: The Vast Conspiracy
- 5 Things I Don’t Understand about Christians Who Voted for Obama
Posts on Education
- Why Schools Should Get Rid of Almost All Homework
- 7 Steps to Safer Schools: A Principal Speaks
- To All Those Who Want Safer Schools in Newtown
- The War Against God: A Review
- The Catalyst Leader by Brad Lomenick
- Grace-based Parenting: A Review of Connecting Church and Home
- Review: Spielberg’s Lincoln Portrays Politics Behind 13th Amendment
- Skyfall: See Why James Bond Just Got Even Better
- Disney Celebrates Adoption: Review of The Odd Life of Timothy Green
For speaking and media interview availability: Bill@BillintheBlank.com