It’s always a privilege to “be there from the beginning” of any new venture.
So if you’re reading this post the week of October 22nd, then welcome . . . and I’m glad you are present for our beginning.
I’m honored to have been invited to participate in the Patheos blog platform.
I’ve accepted the invitation for the following reasons:
- Patheos hosts many blogs representing different religions. So while I will be writing primarily for the evangelical community, I want to interact with those of other faiths as well. Patheos affords me with this opportunity.
- I will be featuring blog posts that will create dialogue on some of the “hot-button” issues that face Christians today, all with a view toward rediscovering the supremacy of Jesus Christ.
- I wish to model civil, gracious, and Christ-honoring dissent with some of my peers over various issues. My hope is that such dialogue will serve as a model for Christian disagreement. We can disagree without resorting to misrepresentations or personal attacks. I also hope it will aid in clarifying various issues, both for myself and for others.
What You Can Expect
- You can expect me to blog regularly.
- You can expect to be inspired and encouraged (I hope).
- You can expect to be stimulated and challenged.
- You can expect me to participate in the discussions.
- You can expect to be forced to do your homework if you level a challenge.
Comments are open for interaction. However, they will be moderated — though I’m not the one who will do the moderating. See the Rules for Comment Moderation.
How You Can Help
Launching a new blog isn’t easy. I’m seeking to build a brand new audience here, one that is different from my other online outlets (which will continue).
Consequently, this blog isn’t replacing any of my other writing platforms. It’s an additional medium.
So here’s how you can help:
- Let your friends know about the new blog.
- Follow the official Twitter feed.
- Share the posts using the “share” buttons below. This is huge. It takes a second to click one of the buttons. And by doing so, you’ll be spreading ideas you’ve found helpful. You can begin by sharing this post.
Who is This Blog For?
* Evangelical Christians who are thoughtful, enjoy being challenged, and revel in engaging in conversations on culture and theology.
*Progressive Christians who have the same interests.
* People who aren’t Christians but who want to hear an evangelical Christian perspective that’s neither Left nor Right and that breaks with the status quo.
* Christians who are interested in rediscovering the supremacy of Jesus Christ in all things, especially in theology and culture.
In addition, people who read the following blogs/sites will be interested in what’s to come. And I plan to “mix it up” (in a good way) with some of them:
For those of you who are new to my work, you’ll want to check out my publications page. My most recent books are Jesus: A Theography, Beyond Evangelical, Epic Jesus, Revise Us Again, and Jesus Manifesto.
There are also over 60 episodes on my podcast (“Christ is ALL”). Make sure you have a sense of humor, though, before daring to subscribe. (Surprisingly, the podcast ranked #1 in Canada and #13 in the USA). More episodes to come.
A good bit of life is mundane and boring. So I expect to see some high drama discussions on this page in the future. If you can use some passion ejected into your bloodstream, therefore, you won’t want to miss it.
I have some novel plans/ideas for this site. So we’ll see what happens . . .
Either way, I look forward to your participation.
Tomorrow I plan to post about an issue that should trouble and concern every Christian today.
Catch your act tomorrow . . .