It’s always a privilege to “be there from the beginning” of any new venture.
So if you’re reading this post the week of October 22, 2012, then welcome . . . and I’m glad you are present for our beginning.
I’m honored to have been invited to participate in the Patheos blog platform.
I’ve accepted the invitation for the following reasons:
- Patheos hosts many blogs representing different religions. So while I will be writing primarily for the evangelical community, I want to interact with those of other faiths as well. Patheos affords me with this opportunity.
- I will be featuring blog posts that will create dialogue on some of the “hot-button” issues that face Christians today, all with a view toward rediscovering the supremacy of Jesus Christ.
- I wish to model civil, gracious, and Christ-honoring dissent with some of my peers over various issues. My hope is that such dialogue will serve as a model for Christian disagreement. We can disagree without resorting to misrepresentations or personal attacks. I also hope it will aid in clarifying various issues, both for myself and for others.
What You Can Expect
- You can expect me to blog regularly.
- You can expect to be inspired and encouraged (I hope).
- You can expect to be stimulated and challenged.
- You can expect me to participate in the discussions.
- You can expect to be forced to do your homework if you level a challenge.
Comments are open for interaction. However, they will be moderated — though I’m not the one who will do the moderating. See the Rules for Comment Moderation.
How You Can Help
Launching a new blog isn’t easy. I’m seeking to build a brand new audience here, one that is different from my other online outlets (which will continue).
Consequently, this blog isn’t replacing any of my other writing platforms. It’s an additional medium.
So here’s how you can help:
- Let your friends know about the new blog.
- Share the posts using the “share” buttons below. This is huge. It takes a second to click one of the buttons. And by doing so, you’ll be spreading ideas you’ve found helpful. You can begin by sharing this post.
Catch your act tomorrow . . .