Growmama Picks is a collection of fun, interesting, and/or inspiring links that we share with you at the end of every month. Enjoy!
1. This article on stress-busting for parents had some helpful advice.
2. We are told to encourage tummy-time for new babies, but it is often met with crying and protest. Maybe this is why.
3. We love Baba Ali’s 2-season series for children. The one on controlling anger and brushing your hair had the kids cracking up.
4. This month on growmama we tackled some of the challenges facing working moms and hope to keep doing so. Here are some secrets of an unflappable mother.
5. We might adopt some of these dinner rules, and add on some of our own.
6. The prayer mats over at Itto’s Journal would be a fun sewing project, or a thoughtful gift for a child turning seven years old and beginning to learn how to pray.
7. We’ll be following the developments in the Irvine 11 case closely, and for older kids, should use the opportunity to have conversations about justice and activism. Stay tuned on growmama for some tips on discussing with kids.
8. This woman’s reflections on coming to terms with her imperfections and being a Muslim was a great read.