Growmama Picks is a collection of fun, interesting, and/or inspiring links that we share with you at the end of every month. Enjoy!
1. An amazing project by one of Growmama’s organizers. We can think of dozens of reasons why we should start this in our own neighborhoods. Tomorrow.
2.Many moms have trouble finding things for their toddler or not-yet-in-school child to do at home. The educational and bonding activities in this book are brilliant in their simplicity and ease–no elaborate crafts or messy clean-ups here.
3. This lecture and article by Nouman Ali Khan identifies some critical conversations we should have with our teens about faith.
4. “Emotional throw-up” should become a household term wherever young children are present.
6. Fetal cells become part of the mother forever. This made us pause and think… subhanallah.
7. Here is an elegantly illustrated storybook to complement a child’s learning of the Prophet’s stories. The book is written from the point of view of animals, trees, rocks, and other objects from the seerah.
8. For a child turning 7 or 10 and working on performing his or her prayers, this wooden prayer chart (plus an alarm clock!) would be a sweet gift.