I read the news today — oh, boy…
Walt Disney Studios has bought the marketing and distribution rights for future movies in the “Indiana Jones” franchise from Paramount Pictures, the companies said Friday.
This gives Disney control over the future of the series, adding to the ownership rights it acquired when it bought Lucasfilm in in 2012 and clearing the way for the studio to make more “Indiana Jones” movies if it chooses to do so.
Okay, so now that Disney owns the Muppets, Star Wars, and Indiana Jones, late night comedians have enough monologue material to keep them busy for years.
I challenged my friends on Twitter and Facebook community to see who could come up with the best title for Indiana Jones V. I threw down the gauntlet on Twitter with the title you see on this post. Here are a few of their suggestions. Feel free to add your own.
- Indiana Jones and the Appalachian Trail
- Indiana Jones and the Race to Space Mountain
- Indiana Jones and Hayley Mills Go Under the Sea
- Indiana Jones and the Emerald Bedpan
- Indiana Jones and the Millennium Falcon
- Indiana Jones and the Thinly Veiled Cash Grab
- Indiana Jones and the Sparkly Princess of Dreams
- Indiana Jones and the Curse of the Black Pearl
- Indiana Jones and the Blue Cube of Asgard
- Indiana Jones and Muppets of Ragnarok
- Indiana Jones & the Seven Dwarfs
- Indiana Jones and the Secrets of Flubber
- Raiders of the Lost Movie Rights
- Raiders of the Disney Vault (where he finds a film print of ‘Song of the South’ and says “This should be in a museum!”)
- Indiana Jones: The Musical
- Indiana Jones and the AARP