Here’s a quick recap of last week’s major highlights from the missional conversation:
- The winner of last week’s book contest giveaway is … Brian C. from Nebraska! Brian will be receiving a signed copy of Chris Guillebeau’s new book The $100 Startup, but we’re all winners really because so many great missional business stories/ideas were shared. Thanks to all for participating!
- Ed Stetzer taught Anglican Church in North America leaders (gathered at a Southern Baptist retreat center in North Carolina over the weekend) how to be missional.
- My post on Thin Places, the new book by Jon Huckins and Rob Yackley, generated the most discussion in the comments.
- “10 Questions to Ask if You’re Wondering, ‘Am I Missional?'” — Trevin Wax stole ’em from Jason Dukes, I’m stealing ’em back!
- I reviewed Godspeed for the Patheos Book Club this month. It is not a particularly positive review, but I did find one nice thing to say about the book.
- Finally, this week I’m planning to focus some of my posts around the theme of missional youth and young adult ministry. To kick things off, I thought I’d start with something interesting (from South Africa) to share around your Facebooks:
Taken from “The Rainbow Nation” feature in the June 8, 2012, issue of the Mail and Guardian newspaper.
(via Pierre Du Plessis)