Last week was a very slow week for me here on the Missional Shift blog, so there’s not much to recap. So instead, here’s a quick look forward at what’s coming up this week:
- Sentralized Conference Early Bird Rate Ends Tomorrow — The $99 early bird rate for Sentralized (Sept. 27-29 in Kansas City) ends Tuesday, July 31.
- 3DM Discipleship & Mission Workshop This Week in South Carolina — The 3DM organization is hosting one of its “Discipleship & Mission” workshops this week, July 31-August 2, in Pawleys Island, South Carolina.
- Playing With Fire Missional Retreat — Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) pastors and lay leaders in the western regions of the United States are invited to participate in this three-day missional retreat, being held in Ontario, California, September 21-23. The first day will be mostly “Missional 101″ introduction to the basics of missional theology and practice for those who are new to the conversation. I’m excited to be involved in the planning for this gathering, and I look forward to participating, as well!
- Center for Parish Development’s Annual Missional Convocation was held last week in Chicago.
- Rob Bell “Still Painting” — Rob Bell made a rare public appearance last week to speak to a live audience at The Viper Room in West Hollywood, California, and to a large online audience via Livestream. I’m working on a post that will share some of Bell’s comments that relate to God’s mission and the local church.
Got missional church news that you’d like to see me cover here on the blog? Send it to me via email (stevek AT missionalshift DOT com) or post it in the comments! Thanks for reading.