I will sub-title this â€œRainy Days and Mondays Always Get Me Down!â€ Pretty consistently, Mondays are a terrible day for me. As a pastor, it is usually my day off. I get up early, as usual, read my devotions, some theology, and try to pray. I do a bit of blogging and eBay. I get my kids up, prepare lunches and get them off to school. Then, I promptly proceed to sink into a deep hole of despair while Lisa and I have breakfast before she goes to work. People suggest many reasons why this may be true:
1. demonic attack: I just delivered a mighty blow against the enemy forces on Sunday, and Satan counter-attacks on Monday.
2. pride: I delivered a fantastic sermon on Sunday, and no one seemed to notice.
3. shame: I delivered a crappy sermon on Sunday, and everyone seemed to notice.
5. boredom: I have to spend the whole day with myself because no one else will.
6. sexual frustration: I am available all day for sex while Lisaâ€™s not.
7. adrenalin withdrawal: Purely psychosomatic: I was a awash in adrenalin on Sunday and I have none left for Monday.
8. ego-starvation: No oneâ€™s around to tell me how wonderful a pastor I am.
9. disappointment: My blog, ebay and offerings stats sank into the troughs on the weekend.
10. revelation: The fact is Iâ€™m always depressed, and Monday is the only day I have to slow down enough to realize it.
11. denial: The possibility that there is no god and that Iâ€™m involved in an elaborate hoax, gnaws at my conscience.
Okay… either tell me which one you think is right, or add another one.