In the News
1. The attack in Norway was horrific, with an explosion in town to attract the interest of police and then a wanton slaughter of the children of the elite on an island summer-camp. Anders Breivik was driven by a sort of “crusade” on behalf of Christian society. And Norway police arrived 90 minutes after the firing began.
2. Same-Sex Marriages Begin in New York. Meanwhile, Jonathan Turley, attorney for the family of Kody Brown, the “Sister Wives” family that is challenging anti-polygamy laws, refers to the legalization of same-sex marriages in making their case: “They want to be allowed to create a loving family according to the values of their faith.” My own report on sexual vs. religious freedoms appeared in World Mag.
In the Pews
1. I did not have the chance last week to point out Campus Crusade’s name-change to “Cru.” A case of political correctness run amok, or a wise recognition that the word “Crusade” is needlessly offensive? I choose the latter.
2. The Beach Boys = Pro-lifers? Perhaps so.
3. Andrew Brown argues that Breivik was not a Christian so much as an anti-Islamist. This will require further comment. Was Breivik really a Christian? More soon.