I don’t have any special insight or commentary to add to the posts listed below, other than to say Amen.
Here I just want to catalog, to highlight, to bear witness, and to amplify what these women are saying.
It’s important. It’s important due both to what is being said and to who is saying it.
This conversation is gaining momentum and I want to see it continue and spread.
• PerfectNumber628: The Story of Me and Modesty
• Elizabeth Esther: Virginity: New & Improved!
• Sarah Bessey: I am damaged goods
• Rachel Held Evans: Do Christians idolize virginity?
• Emily Maynard: The Day I Turned in My V-Card
• Elizabeth Esther: Am I being ‘soft on sin’?
• Libby Anne: Notes on Virginity: Idolizing My Inexperience
• Suzannah Paul: Beyonce & policing female sexuality
• Amy Mitchell: Oh my gosh! You said the ‘M’ word!
• Joy Bennett: News Flash: You Probably Won’t Marry a Virgin
• PerfectNumber628: Purity for the Sake of Purity
• Amy Mitchell: Breaking the rules
(This list is not complete. I’ll add to it as I find/remember/am reminded of other recent posts on the topic.)