Archdiocese of Boston Issues Statement on Harvard Black Mass

This is the official statement, in full:

The Catholic community in the Archdiocese of Boston expresses its deep sadness and strong opposition to the plan to stage a “black mass” on the campus of Harvard University in Cambridge.

For the good of the Catholic faithful and all people, the Church provides clear teaching concerning Satanic worship. This activity separates people from God and the human community, it is contrary to charity and goodness, and it places participants dangerously close to destructive works of evil.

In a recent statement, Pope Francis warned of the danger of being naïve about or underestimating the power of Satan, whose evil is too often tragically present in our midst. We call upon all believers and people of good will to join us in prayer for those who are involved in this event, that they may come to appreciate the gravity of their actions, and in asking Harvard to disassociate itself from this activity.

If you need to come up to speed:

Black Mass/Consecrated Hosts: Harvard Clarifies, Satanists Muddify

Satanic Temple Walks Back: Wont Use Consecrated Host. Do they mean it?

Harvard Can do Better Than This

Fr. Roger Landry’s Letter to Harvard

Kinda-Sorta-Satanists Play with Fire

More

About Elizabeth Scalia
  • Thinkling

No matter how this finally turns out, kudos for all your investigative legwork.

• Michael Blissenbach

Thanks Ms. Scalia. Is the statement posted on the Archdiocese of Boston’s website, yet?

• righteousreverenddynamite

It might be helpful to contact Harvard President Faust and Rev. Jonathan Walton, the minister of Memorial Church on campus. Even Harvard Hillel. I cannot believe my alma mater would condone this…but then again, they have become a center of moral relativism. Hopefully the school newspaper will report on it tomorrow. Hopefully those Seniors’ parents, who are going to be there for Commencement in a few weeks, will think twice about making donations to the College in the future.

• Adam Frey

The President is a Harvard Law grad. How about calling on him to denounce what his school is doing? I’m serious.

• votermom

I find this whole thing so bizarre and unbelievable. Thanks for investigating. I will pray for everyone in Harvard being sucked into this evil.

• dabhidh

The very idea of a “black mass” being presented at a university for “educational and historical” purposes and somehow not being done to insult and degrade other religions is so ridiculously hypocritical that it defies belief. The “black mass” is not some ancient rite from some distinguished alternative religious tradition, it’s simply a calculated debasement of the Catholic Mass. Harvard might as well play host to the burning of the Quran or a lecture series promoting The Protocols of The Elders of Zion.

• Geesebusters .

This is the home and breeding place of the masons “Harvard”

• http://www.renegaderadio.org/ William E Bauer

One of the lies of our culture is that we have to “experience everything.” This lie is the premise for offering a black mass? There are many things we do not NEED to experience, such a hell.

• DeaconJohnMBresnahan

Where is the media on this???. A minister burned a Koran and the media gave it blanket coverage. And virtually every story made clear directly or through “spin” that they condemned the minister’s actions.
    But a Harvard group even more viciously insults and ridicules Catholics and , so far, very little coverage. Does Harvard and its elites get a pass because they are the elite and the minister was a bumpkin clergyman????. Or is it just plain old-fashioned anti-Catholic bigotry raising its poisonous fangs?????.

• MeanLizzie
  • Isabel

Does Harvard really deserve its reputation?

• sue

I often wonder: who decides which religions we tolerate? Envelope pushing at its lowest.