My favorite movie of all time is the teen flick, “10 Things I Hate About You” featuring Julia Stiles and Heath Ledger. I mean, the acting is incredible and O… the love story… makes my heart melt every time. Who can resist a love / hate relationship kind of plot?
Well, Ok… this isn’t even close to my favorite film! I like it but it probably wouldn’t make my top 50 list. It does, however, make for a wonderful segue into the topic at hand: blogging. A love / hate relationship continues to develop through writing and managing this blog.
Many things fit in the love category. I love writing when the ideas flow. I love interacting with people who reflect on similar topics. I love encouraging people to pursue the revolutionary Jesus. I love dreaming about the kingdom of God. I love challenging the status quo. I love the way that blogging continues to function as a ministry to real people. I love blogging.
But now, 10 things I hate about blogging:
10) I hate when a commenter gets a bad case of “web rage” and pray that the name of that commenter is never Kurt Willems.
9) I hate when I have writers block and nothing I try works to jolt creativity or imagination.
8 ) I hate when people comment negatively without actually reading the article.
7) I hate when I am writing an article, and then in a deep moment of thought, the puppies interrupt my focus by barking at a noise… but, its worth it because I love the pups!
6) I hate when someone who disagrees with my particular view in an article responds: “Well, obviously your motives weren’t pure and this was really all about you.”
5) I hate when I suck at proof-reading and glaring typos come to light after I’ve posted something.
4) I hate sound-bite based arguments that caricature another person’s perspective.
3) I hate when an article I care about flops.
2) I hate how blogging can drain hours of my time when I have other priorities.