In August 2010, in the wake of Judge Walker’s decision to strike down California’s Proposition 8 in Perry v. Schwarzenegger, I ran a series of posts on gay marriage.
- Why Should Atheists Get Married? – Should the state only administer civil unions? And why would atheists ever value marriage anyway?
- Restricting Rhetoric, Mosques, and Gays – What kind of religious arguments should be allowed in public discourse?
- Natural Moral Theory is Bunk – Why I don’t buy the Catholic logic against gay marriage
- Do We Care Too Little About Marriage? – The devaluation of marriage goes way beyond high divorce rates
- Do We Care Too Much About Marriage? – Why our regard for marriage is hurting friendship and other non-romantic relationships