“Sleep is the best meditation.” ~Dalai Lama
Daily Affirmation: “Meditation will quiet my mind and empower my soul.”
Do you meditate or pray for spiritual guidance?
The answers to your prayers my come to you in your meditations and dreams as Intuition, or Inner guidance, which is your innate gift. When facing crisis, our ET (Eternal Teacher-within) phones home for help.
Meditation is a phone number your ET uses to connect with “the-other-side.”
What is amazing is how someone who loves you always answers the call.
According to the History of Meditation, the Vedas discusses the meditative practices of ancient India in some of the earliest written records of meditation. The word meditation evolved over time. Its original conception was in 1500BC called Dhyana from the Hindu traditions of Vedantism.
Around the 6th to 5th centuries BC, other forms of meditation developed in Taoist China and Buddhist India. Research in Project Meditation found proof in India artifacts that mankind began meditating, then called “Tantra”, at least five thousand years ago.
Buddhist and Hindu-based Eastern-style meditation practices are still the most popular today. Meditation was spread to Western society thousands of years after it was adopted in the East by way of the Silk Road of trade. It began to gain popularity in the West in the mid-20th century.
The meditation shared in this article is one used and taught to my clients.
My protection meditation is also often used at the beginning of my live Internet TV The Kat Kanavos Show which can be found on the Facebook page by the same name.
You can listen to and see the meditation tutorial video below on the fifteen minute Simply Grace Radio Show Videotaped on the Wicked Housewives On Cape Cod TV Show below.
Use this meditation anytime to bring yourself into alignment and protection. A wonderful time for you to practice it is at night before sleep.
Three benefits of meditating at night before sleep.
- If you fall asleep during this short meditation, you have fallen asleep in a State of Grace. According to Christian theology, a State of Grace is a state of sanctification by God; the state of one who is under divine influence. You will fall asleep connected to and protected by your Higher Power and Spirit Guides.
- Meditation is a wonderful way to safely open your Sacred Dream Doors to receive pertinent answers to pressing questions.
- You may meet your Spirit Guides in your dreams so be sure to have your Dream Journal beside your bed to jot down important dream memories when you first awaken.
The 11 Steps of My Guided Protection Meditation.
Read the meditation, then play and watch the meditation tutorial video at the end of the article.
- Get comfortable either by sitting, or lying down.
- If you are sitting in a place that allows you to do so and would like to connect with Mother Earth, take your shoes off and place your feet flat on the floor or ground.
- Close your eyes.
- Together, we will take 3 deep breaths and blow them out across the room as far as we can.
- With each breath, we are going to image any negativity, limitations, illness, grief or things holding us back from our destiny or happiness attached to each breath to be blown away.
- Ready? Take a deep breath in and hold it…imagine any speaks of negativity attaching to that breath, now blow it out across the room.
- Take another really deeper breathe, hold it, hold it…now blow it out harder across the room.
- On more time, take a third last breath, hold it and blow it all the way out across the room.
- Imagine holding a flower, feather or any talisman that empowers you.
- Imagine swinging it around your body in a big arch creating a mirrored bubble of protection.
- Nothing may enter this mirrored bubble of protection without your permission or by being brought in by your Spirit guides. It will simply be reflected back from whence it came.
Now, open your eyes.
Research also suggests that primitive hunting and gathering societies may have been the ones to discover meditation’s many different states of consciousness while gazing into the flames of their fires. It has since evolved in the West into some form of “spiritual exercises” involving attention and concentration.
Modern meditation focuses go beyond spiritual growth and self-improvement to embrace stress reduction and relaxation. Both spiritual and secular forms of meditation have been subjects of scientific analyses. However, after 60 years of study, the exact mechanism at work in meditation remains unclear.
Meditation has evolved over thousands of years, into a structured practice that you can use daily. Where is your favorite place to meditate? Share your answer with us in the comment section.
About the Author: Kathleen (Kat) O’Keefe-Kanavos-three time cancer survivor whose dreams diagnosed her illness as seen on NBC News & Dr. Oz, TV/Radio Host/Producer of Wicked Housewives On Cape Cod™ , Kat KanavosShow , Patheos, Quora, Medium, Internationally Syndicated Columnist, Nautilus Award-winning Author/Lecturer who promotes patient advocacy and inner guidance. Contributing author to Chicken Soup for the Soul. www.KathleenOkeefeKanavos.com
Meta Tags – Kat Kanavos, Patheos, Above and Beyond the 5 Senses, Surviving Cancerland, Kathleen O’Keefe Kanavos