My lovely wife taught sunday school for 4-7s today (which includes our children Charis and Joel. She explained the gospel, summarising it into 10 points. If the kids can understand this, why is it that certain people want to make it more complicated and won’t accept this as it is?
1. Everyone has Sinned
2. God hates sin
3. Sin must be punished
4. Jesus took the punishment instead of us on the cross
5. Admit you have been naughty
6. Believe that Jesus took your punishment
7. Say sorry to God
8. Ask God to be in charge of your life
9. Be baptised (note the order here)
10. Receive the Holy Spirit
My sermon on the message that changes the world goes into some of these things in more detail.
If you are a regular reader of this blog why not express in the comments whether you believe all 10 of these points or which if any you would have a problem with affirming. If you have never believed and done these things- now is your chance!