Pop over to the charismatic spectrum post first before reading this one.
I have looked at the first batch of survey entries, and it seems clear that some of my questions are eliciting more “Yes’s” than they should, especially the beliefs section. So, any thoughts on why and how these selected questions need rewording so that a cessationist is more likely to disagree with them? This process of understanding what we do and do not believe is where the previous spectrum posts have proved most helpful, I feel. So given what I am driving at in these items, how should I make them less agreeable to non-charismatics? I have written some ideas below, would that do the job?
- “I believe that God intends us to have an experiential relationship with him”
- I believe that clapping and/or raising hands in worship is acceptable biblically
- I believe that dancing in worship is acceptable biblically
- I believe that God heals today in response to prayer
- I believe that all the ministries of Ephesians 4 (apostle, prophet, evangelist, pastor and teacher) can still be given by God to his church