In 1 Samuel 15 we see a further worsening of Sauls leadership. There is now no way back for him. Yesterday we discussed six leadership errors he made. Today it just gets worse.
- He disobeyed a clear instruction from God (1 Samuel 15:8)
- He kept the best for himself rather than God (1 Samuel 15:8)
- He took praise to himself by setting up a monument (1 Samuel 15:12)
- He tried to cover up his sin by a transparent lie (1 Samuel 15:14-15)
- He blamed the people God had given him to lead (1 Samuel 15:15)
- He feared the people rather than God (1 Samuel 15:25)
- He desperately tried to save face in front of others, trying to give the appearance that all was ok (1 Samuel 15:30)
- He alienated the one person who could have really helped him (1 Samuel 15:35)
The tragedy is that some leaders today who are struggling do fall into each of these traps.